[Cube] Cube or Mini

Luis Meleiro Luis_Meleiro at cilsp.com
Fri Mar 3 09:50:11 PST 2006

Bill,

I love the Cube and everything about its aesthetics.Now unless you could
get a modified Cube (AirPort card installed, better GPU, faster DVD
drive, etc.), IMMO you'd get better served with the Mac mini for your
purposes. It has built-in DVI, BlueTooth and AirPort Express card,
reasonable GPU to watch DVDs, it is silent and smaller.

Oh... don't you forget that Cubes come in 2 flavours: DVD and/or CD-RW
drive(s).

Regards,
LM

>>>mac.info at sbcglobal.net 03/03/06 5:08 pm >>>
Just purchased an LCD HDTV (32-Protron). Love it. It includes a DVI and
DSUB connector on the back so that it can be connected to and driven by
computer.

It would be wonderful to be able to use this as a computer screen for
web
browsing and also to watch DVDs that don't work properly in the regular
DVD
player. Not to mention other miscellaneous video clips that are not
saved in
the DVD format.

I am hoping to pick up a Cube for $200-300 (with Airport card) and then
fit
it with a Bluetooth adapter so that computing can be done from a
distance.
Am I just better off getting a Mini for a little more? Bear in mind the
connection ports I mentioned above.

Thanks!
Bill Planey

Cube mailing list
Cube at listserver.themacintoshguy.com

Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random
stuff: