[Cube] Cube or Mini

Scott Strungis scott at strungis.net
Fri Mar 3 16:11:34 PST 2006

Hi Bill and Listers,

Get the Mini...Don't get me wrong.  The Cube is a fine little Music
Player, MAME box, and DVD/AVI/MPEG etc player...But the Mini is now based
on the latest tech and it's only a matter of a couple of years before His
Infinite Steveness makes our Cubes obsolete and unupgradeable (is that a
word?).

I wasn't paying a lot of attention when we all switched over from 68k to
PPC, so I do not know how long it took, nor who suffered as I could not
afford a Mac back then and it wasn't my problem.

What I do know now is that my Pismo, Cube, B&W, and Beige are pretty much
a dead issue real soon...And I hate to part with any of them...Considering
that I paid $600 for my upgraded Cube a little over a year ago. (Geforce2,
Airport, and big HD as well as 512 megs of RAM and a DVD)

Get the Mini.  For your sanity and your wallet's sake.
Scott