[Cube] know what would be cool...

jmv mentholiptus at mac.com
Thu Mar 9 19:53:16 PST 2006

A new logic board to fit the Cube. Could be CPUless even...just a zif
socket so one could buy the intel CPU of choice.

2 firewire ports, 2 USB2 ports, built in airport, bluetooth, gigabit
ethernet, analog and optical audio i/o (in place of the modem or GPU)
etc...and it would be made to fit in the old logic board's place.

Better power management, more space for a nice GPU (or even an
integrated ATi, nVidia, whatever), quieter fans, on and on...

If it all fits in a mini...it's gotta fit in here.

If it came down to buying a $600 mini or upgrading my Cube to a 2GHz
core duo, I'd upgrade the cube.

I guess what I'm saying is, I need a new machine, but can't seem to
part with the Cube.

Just a thought.

jesse

.