[Cube] Cube or Mini

J.C. Webber III jcw at kingoblio.com
Sat Mar 11 02:59:44 PST 2006

Bill Planey wrote:
> Sean,
>
> OK then: PPC or Intel-based? Will I get what I need from a used, earlier
> generation Mini (versus the current models)?
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

I've owned both, and either will do, but the Intel Mini is hecka faster.

I've been ripping my entire DVD collection with Handbrake and adding
the resulting Mpeg4 files to iTunes for uploading to my Video iPod
and for viewing with FrontRow on the 50" DLP Samsung HD TV I use as
the Mini's monitor.

When ripping on the PPC Macmini I was getting ~20 fps.  But with the
new Intel Macmini I'm getting between 60-70 fps.

Kewel....
--
J.C. Webber III
Technical Lead, Unix System Administrator