[Cube] Sonnet "Cube kit"

Luis Meleiro Luis_Meleiro at cilsp.com
Wed Mar 15 03:14:49 PST 2006

riba,

Sonnet 1.2GHz for Cube has got a specific heatsink for this model. I
think the one for the towers is different and You'd have to modify it
(or the Cube) in order to fit. It will of course, void your warranty.

There arealready discussions about this on cubeowner.com. Check it by
yourself at the CPU subforums menu.

Cheers,
LM

>>>riba at ml1.net 03/15/06 11:04 am >>>
I decided to go ahead and finally buy a CPU upgrade.

I want to get the Sonnet 1.2 GHz upgrade but it seems they are hard
to find with a decent price. Provantage has the 'non-cube' version
available for $211:
http://www.provantage.com/sonnet-sg4-1200-2m~7SONT02T.htm

Am I right that the only difference between cube version and this one
is the inclusion of the cube kit?

What does this cube kit contain? I know there was a fan included, but
I already have fan inside. Was there a special heatsink adapter?

Thanks!

Cube mailing list
Cube at listserver.themacintoshguy.com

Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random
stuff: