[Cube] iBook Tiger install disks

Luis Meleiro Luis_Meleiro at cilsp.com
Thu Mar 23 07:11:06 PST 2006

Erik,

I'm affraid they will not. I have tried several PowerBook and iBook
installation CDs and DVDs with different Panther versions and none of
them booted the Cube. I think the problem is not with the installer
inside the media, but with the system folder that each one of them
contains.

A retail Panther DVD/CD will perfectly boot/install in your Cube.

Anyway, give it a try... it won't hurt.

LM

>>>dads at tds.net 03/23/06 2:59 pm >>>
But that was not the question. Will the hardware-specific iBook
install discs work on the Cube; previously this was an issue for some
OS releases.

Cheers,

Erik

Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random
stuff: