[Cube] iBook Tiger install disks

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Fri Mar 24 00:39:51 PST 2006

On 23 March, 2006, at 12:39:29, John wrote:

> There is a (Mac) universal install disk for most systems that
> replaces the firstl disk on the Tiger install set. I received it
> when I purchased my Tiger upgrade on Ebay.

I just checked my "universal install disk for most systems" for Tiger
and verified that there was only ONE DVD disk in the box for
installing the OS. Maybe you are referring to the CD version of the
OS installation of Tiger? If so, you should make this information
more clear.

The CD version was not universally available in retail stores.
Anybody needing the CD version because of their lack of a DVD drive
in their Mac had to first purchase the DVD version and then return it
to Apple and pay extra to get the multiple disk CD version set.