[Cube] A Cube Question

Richard Clark thejunkmonger at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 08:54:30 PST 2006

On Nov 23, 2006, at 4:01 AM, Gary wrote:

> Has anyone installed an Apple dual 500 MHz CPU? into a Cube?

I'm running a dual 500 in my cube, and it runs fine. There are a few
mods you need to do to make it work in the cube.
1) spacers that go on the processor to touch the cube heatsink.
2) you need to move a coil that is in the way on the Apple dual 500
3) a case fan in the cube, there is already a support inside the cube
for this. I have run my dual 500 without a fan and it works just fine
also but I would advise not to if you want your cube to live a long
happy life.

Richard