[Cube] Cube DC-VRAM-Board or what else?

Stefan no-spam at punkt-x.de
Sat Aug 11 00:34:23 PDT 2007

Hi friends,

my second cube makes problems...

Hope you can give me a hand.

Some days ago the family watched a DVD and finally the cube shut off
and wasn't to restart.
I tried everything.

Finally I could restart it. (First it restarted even with the Formac ADC...)
But again it shut down.

What I've tested:
Other HD (the original 20 GB)
Other ATi (another original like the one in the cube ATi Rage 128)
Other monitor (VGA-CRT)

And I could find out:

- With my Formac Gallery ADC 17" TFT the cube won't start up.
- with a VGA-CRT at the VGA it starts and runs without problems.
- it starts without any problems without any monitor.
- when the ADC-TFT is plugged in with the cube running it shuts down.
- the Formac is dead all the time (no light, no reaction at all)
- That happens with the intact second graphic card too.

(My first idea was an overheated graphic card)

QUESTION:
Is it the DC/Board or has anyone another idea?

By the time: it is the original cube, but has a large HD, max. RAM, that's all.

Thanks for your answers in advance
Stefan