[Cube] RW CDs

Mauricio Tavares raub at afn.org
Sun Aug 19 11:31:45 PDT 2007

Ronald Steinke wrote:
> On Aug 9, 2007, at 4:28 AM, Mauricio Tavares wrote:
>
>> Does the Cube have issues with RW CDs?
>>

> It is not necessarily the Cube that has issues, but the CD reader in the
> Cube. Some of the earlier CD readers will not recognize a home-burnt CD.
> Why? I Haven't found that out yet, but it happens.
>
> I had the same issue of a home-burnt disc not being readable and when I
> replaced the old reader with a newer model, the disc was instantly
> recognized and mounted.

	That is good to know.  I was installing ubuntu linux in my cube and
until I burned a CDR disk it would not boot up. But, now, it is running
ubuntu feisty rather happily. In fact I will probably retire my P3
ubuntu box and have the cube do its job as it should be more energy
efficient (the P3 is a 1U machine).