[Cube] ADC-Display won't run with my cube

Stefan no-spam at punkt-x.de
Mon Dec 10 07:58:10 PST 2007

Hi friends,

anyone with experiences which fit to my problem?

PROBLEM
My cube (original 450 MHz) run (too long) with a quite hot harddisk.

Result: the cube shut off suddenly and then it didn't start with again.
When I disconnected the display it would start and shut down again,
when I plug in the (ADC-TFT!) display.

WHAT I TRIED
I displaced the graphic card (original ATI Rage 128) with a similar card.
(Of course after removing the hot HD, with a cooler one...)

No effect: the display kills the cube, prevents it from starting.
By the time: a CRT-display runs without problems, the cube starts and so on...

So I thought it's the DC-Board.
Now it has arrived, was built in and... same effects as before:
Cube won't start with ADC attached, is killed when ADC is attached to
running cube, will start and run with CRT.

So I think it must be the ADC-TFT (formac gallery 17").

I' haven't tested the display at another machine.
But there are no bad pins at the ADC-Connector.

QUESTION to you all:
Must it be the display?
Or can it be a question of the cube? > Which part might be defect or
problematic?

If it must be the display: any experience with such a display-problem?

(I wonder: which reasons (besides "friend" hazard) may shut down a
display connected to a cube?)

Thanks for any answers
Best regards

Stefan