[Cube] a mind of its onw?!

Larry Blodgett lblodgett at mac.com
Thu Dec 27 12:36:02 PST 2007

This is a fairly common problem with Cubes.  There is a gasket
positioned in the outer case around the power button area. I don't
believe anyone knows the exact failure mechanism but the solution is
generally to cut a piece of normal paper a little larger than the
gasket (a little larger than a quarter) and using a small piece of
thin scotch tape, tape it so it is fairly secure.  This paper will
cause the switch to be less sensitive. The paper, depending on what
you use, should be translucent so you can still see the light through
it.

Most have found success with this fix although a few people have not
found it fixes the erratic behavior.

Good Luck.

Larry