[Cube] Thinking about a upgrade

James W. Dawson 4jwd at cox.net
Sun Feb 4 15:48:04 PST 2007

Greetings:  The one processor that has gone unmentioned here is the
one in my Cube.
Several years(!) ago now I installed the Sonnet Dual 500 Mhz PowerPC
7400 G4, p/n SG4D-500.
AltiVec "Velocity Engine" Processors; 64K- Level 1 Cache; 1MB- Level
2 Cache.

All I can say is it has been flawless, and a joy to use.  I also
updated the HD to a Seagate 80GB Ultra  ATA;
I'm using the large heat-sink GeForce2 MX;  max Ram at 1.5GB;  the
OEM Matshita cd-rom/dvd-rom;
and of course the very quite Panasonic Panaflo base fan for insurance.

When Apple first released the Mini I bought one, but quickly realized
it could not match
the 'slower' dual processor Cube in responsiveness. So I sold the
Mini and kept the Cube.

Only now, since I've inherited a Dual 1.25 FW800 am I thinking about
selling my great D500 Cube.

Regards, JWD