[Cube] smoking Cube

James Whitfield darknight113 at excite.com
Sat Jan 27 21:02:25 PST 2007

change the power brick

 --- On Sat 01/27, Jan Georgen < jwgeorgen at mac.com > wrote:
From: Jan Georgen [mailto: jwgeorgen at mac.com]
To: Cube at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
Date: Sat, 27 Jan:35:44 -0600
Subject: [Cube] smoking Cube

Okay, something bad has happened to my son's cube. Long story short:  when I plug the power into the back of the cube, the green power  light glows as well as the red lcd. I can hit the power button and it  glows but immediately turns off, all the while the green and red lcd  lights are glowing. I then catch that horrible scent of electrical  problems and pluu the power plug from the back. I traded power button  + cable and had the same result and when I return the test items to  my cube, all worked well.so where shall I begin? DC-DC board? Oh brother, I hate that smell...Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.ThanksJan Georgen_______________________________________________Cube mailing listCube at listserver.themacintoshguy.comhttp://listserver.themacintoshguy.com/mailman/listinfo/cubeListmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random stuff:         http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmacguy1984