[Cube] The infamous Cube shutdown problem

Tom Burns tlburns at owu.edu
Thu Jul 5 13:14:28 PDT 2007

On 7/4/07 5:41 PM, "Seth Maynard" <sethwm2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 4, 2007, at 5:32 PM, Mike <mliii at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> Sounds like the gasket to me. When a Cube is shipped, the movement in
>> shipping can trigger the problem in a Cube that never had it before.
>> You can make a gasket using a piece of paper- I used a coffee filter with the
>> theory being the paper used in a coffee filter is a bit thicker and able to
>> withstand higher temps- but that's probably overkill on my part!
>> On Jul 4, 2007, at 2:26 PM, Tom Burns wrote:

Thanks to Seth and all who replied.  I ended up making a gasket out of
coffee filter and putting it in underneath the original gasket, which was
obviously dried out and loose.  (The old gasket serves merely to help hold
the paper in, apparently. I any case, the fix works fine! I ran the Cube for
8+ hours with nary a reboot or spontaneous shutdown.

Again, thanks for all your help, Cuboids.

Tom B.