[Cube] Re: Fading display really a Kernal Panic ....

Gary garylauterback at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 17 06:06:48 PDT 2007

On Jul 17, 2007, at 1:16 AM, cube-
request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:

> I have a Cube with a stock 500Mhz CPU, a Ge3 card, maxed out
> memory, and
> 120GB drive, fully updated 10.4.10.
>
> In the last week or so, at boot, it started showing a black screen
> with a
> message in multiple languages to restart the computer.

Dave,

What you've described is a "Kernal Panic".

RAM is the fist thing to check when experiencing Kernal Panics.
RAM can go bad.  Reseat your RAM, (just in case it's something that
simple).
And if it continues to KP, try the idea below.

You have three RAM modules in your Cube, try removing one at a time
The likely hood of all three modules going bad at once is a bit much.
Pull a stick, and try the Mac.  It's a bit time consuming, but you
should be able to isolate the offending module.

Sense you have the core out, gently check your video card, make sure
it's seated well etc.

Let  us know  what happens ...

Gary

Gary Lauterback