[Cube] OS-X 10.4 installation on standard Cube: problems

Stefan no-spam at punkt-x.de
Mon Jun 25 10:14:29 PDT 2007

Hi friends,

some time ago I bought a second (used) cube.
And I tried to install OS-X 10.4 on it.

The Cube has nearly original condition but much more RAM.
450 MHz, 20 GB HD, 1 GB RAM.

OS-X doesn't really run on this cube. Some after restart it freezes.

Firmware is the last, actual one.
I restarted with the Install-DVD (a version for all systems!)
I  formatted the HD of course
The install process ran without problems.

But after restart the system crashes after a while of usage regularly.
I tried it with two installations.

Who has ideas what I can do/try?

I changed the RAM-modules within this cube (but didn't try others).
That made no difference.

How probably is RAM as reason?

I'm looking forward to your answers & tips with interest
thanks in advance

Stefan

P.S.

1) By the time, there are no problems when running OS 9.

2) How fast will the cube with 450 MHz be?
(My other is 1,5 GHz fast, I don't remember how it was. And it was an
older OS-X, of course)