[Cube] Cube does not want to install OSX 10.4 in HD

Luis Meleiro luis_meleiro at cilsp.com
Thu Mar 1 04:32:04 PST 2007

Raub: You could be dealing with a pre-formatted drive not compatible
with mac OS X. Before trying the installation, format your new HD using
Disk Utilities inside your Tiger installation CD to Apple HFS / Mac OS
Extended (Journaled) under File>Utilities (I guess).

Yes. Boot your Cube pressing T key on your keyboard and the Mac will
stay in Target Disk Mode. If you connect it through FireWire cable to an
active system it will mount there as an external hard disk drive.

LM

>>>raub at afn.org 03/01/07 12:15 pm >>>
I put a seagate 120GB HD in my cube and then boot it off the CD to
install tigger. The install program does see the HD but does not let me
install the OS in it.  How come?

On a different note, is there a way to setup the cube to become an
external firewire drive, just like you do to Apple laptops?