[Cube] Target disk mode - another update

Rod Duncan roduncan at telus.net
Thu Nov 1 09:40:21 PDT 2007

>On Nov 1, 2007, at 14:02, Erik Ness wrote:
>
>>Me three -- I tried to transfer from my Cube to my new iMac and it
>>just wouldn't see the Cube.
>
>It looks like the built in firewire has some issues on the Powerbook
>1.5 GHz. I had a cardbus firewire card lying around, and I plugged
>it in the Powerbook, and it works fine if I use the firewire ports
>on the card.

Hmm... I've got to go see if my AI 1.67GHz PPC Powerbook won't mount
the upgraded (1.2GHz Sonnet) Cube. Also have an 2.1GHz Intel iMac and
have no trouble mounting the Cube onto the iMac and Powerbook to the
iMac so must see if the Cube will mount on the Powerbook. Think it
does - not sure when last I did it. Am also running a 6-port firewire
hub and use an external Pioneer 110D Superdrive as a common drive to
both the Cube and iMac. So... off to the office to see if I can mount
the iMac and Cube via TDM on the Powerbook. All computers are running
10.4.10. Will post results.
Rod