[Cube] Target disk mode - another update

Andrew McKenzie andrew.mckenzie at onlinecol.com
Thu Nov 1 12:13:30 PDT 2007

Rod-

Try sticking a firewire hard drive (or your burner, if it has 2 FW
ports) between the two; see if the cube HD will show up then.

-A

On Nov 1, 2007, at 18:23, Rod Duncan wrote:

>> an 2.1GHz Intel iMac and have no trouble mounting the Cube onto the
>> iMac and Powerbook to the iMac so must see if the Cube will mount
>> on the Powerbook. Think it does - not sure when last I did it. Am
>> also running a 6-port firewire hub and use an external Pioneer 110D
>> Superdrive as a common drive to both the Cube and iMac. So... off
>> to the office to see if I can mount the iMac and Cube via TDM on
>> the Powerbook. All computers are running 10.4.10. Will post results.
>> Rod
>
> Everything mounts perfectly on the AI Powerbook. Not only did the
> Cube mount in TDM but also the iMac and 4 external FW drives. All at
> the same time. Twelve partitions total. Both the iMac and the
> Cube(TesserAct) have only a single partition.

I guess that something may be broken on Powerbook...but the firewire
port is working for example when I connect the external burner to it.
I tired to reset open firmware, but it did not help.