[Cube] Cube, miniStack and Sleep

DZAHNISER DZAHNISER at Rochester.rr.com
Sat Sep 8 06:37:49 PDT 2007

Hi, all -

I just obtained a Newer Technology miniStack v2 to use with my Cube
(system specs below).  As a FireWire drive, it works great.  I have
run into one concern:

If I hook up the miniStack's USB uplink port to the Cube, the Cube
won't sleep.  Specifically, it tries to go to sleep and then wakes
up, tries to sleep, wakes up, etc.  There doesn't have to be anything
connected to one of the USB ports on the miniStack for this to happen.

This is the first time I have hooked up a powered hub to the Cube.  I
have started exchanging email with OWC (from whom I bought the
miniStack) about the problem, but am wondering if there may be a Cube-
specific problem relating to attaching powered USB hubs.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

  - Don

--
Don V. Zahniser
PowerMac G4 Cube, 450MHz, 1.25GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.10