[Cube] Cube, miniStack and Sleep

DZAHNISER DZAHNISER at Rochester.rr.com
Sat Sep 8 17:22:05 PDT 2007

On Sep 8, 2007, at 2:26 PM, Kathleen Lawrence wrote:

> Wonder if it has to do with USB 1.0 on Cube and USB 2.0 on
> NewerTech, and/or that the powered hub does not sleep.
> kl

I've gone thru pages and pages of topics on CubeOwner.com in the USB/
FireWire section (back to 2003), but didn't see anything that would
indicate a problem connecting a USB 2.0 hub to the Cube's USB 1.1 ports.

I have a USB 2.0 hub/port replicator that I have used unpowered.
Tonight, I wired up an AC adapter to run it as a powered hub.  It
works fine, and the Cube _will_ sleep with the hub powered.

Guess the problem is somehow due to the miniStack, and I'll see what
kind of resolution I can get with OWC on the matter.

BTW - The hub/port replicator that I am using is labeled 'DK201'
without a brand name.  These are all over eBay.  I have an older
model; paid $9.99 for it at a local used computer outlet.  The one I
use has 4 USB ports, PS/2 keyboard and PS/2 mouse ports, a parallel
printer port and a serial port.  After installing Prolific 2303
drivers, I have tried all of the ports except the parallel printer
port.  They all work fine with the Cube.  I especially like having a
serial port to link with my Newton.

  - Don