[Cube] Dead VRM Board

AUBINEAU Cyril caubineau at sigma.fr
Mon Jan 7 02:07:42 PST 2008

Happy new year all.

Thanks to Stefan who sent me a VRM board for my cube, put the problem was not the VRM board.

As i said, the 5V output from the 1st pin on the J2 connector on the VRM board was Ko.
But when i unplugged the cable under this connectors (which is powering the hard Drive and the Combo drive), the 5V output was OK.

So i follow the black power cable, and realized that it was crushed under one of torx screw of the combo drive, and then was touching the metalic part of the cube ...

It's no ok and my beloved cube is ready for one more year.

Is there anybody here interested by a VRM board ? It's an apple part.

Best regards,

Cyril