[Cube] Tiger Upgrade issues HELP HELP HELP, Please!!!

Clifford Hubbard cwhubbard at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 06:01:47 PST 2008

I have a 450MHz cube with CD and 1GB of ram.
Prior to Friday running 10.3.9.
Friday loaded tiger when things went south.
After loading, hit restart. would begin boot up. Gets
to grey screen with apple.  after a few minutes, apple
disappears and is replaced by circle with slash
through it.
I pulled HD and brought it to friend.  He reloaded
Tiger and all updates to 10.4.11 after wiping
particion.
Got his imac lampshade to boot fine.
Installed HD back in my cube, booted to 10.4.  Got to
log in screen.
entered password. processed for a few moment then "can
not log into "xxxxxxxxx" account at this time. hit OK
button and message box disappears and login window
shakes like password is incorrect.
Next i updated Rage 128 firmware to 136 and Cube to
4.1.9.
Now it only boots into 10.4.  Does not respond to
holding down option key at boot up to specify boot
disk.
Does not respond to zaping pram command at boot up.
HELP, Please HELP