[Cube] Fwd: repost: monitor does not turn on

Luis Meleiro luis_meleiro at cilsp.com
Thu Mar 6 01:20:11 PST 2008

Gladys: I would suggest you to visit cubeowner.com and post your issue.
I am sure you will find some experienced advices and hopefully a
solution.

LM

>>>On Thu, 6 de Mar de 2008 at  2:37, gladys pérez-almiroty
<almiroty at prtc.net> wrote:

hi:
i am still fiddling with my cube, the one that did a pop, turned off and
smelled like something burned.
i found that the PSU was bad so i got a new one. just for the fun of it
used a different vtrm and installed a heat sink in it. i reinstalled the
rest of the items- logic board and video card geforce m2 32mg, giga 1.4
processor underclocked to 1.2- but installed a new optical drive and
turned the hd to slave.
he cube turns on, i see the blue light form the fan and the red light
form inside the cube, but the monitor light turns on briefly and then
goes off. no picture or light comes on.
checked the monitor with the other cube and works well so discarted the
posibility of a monitor problem.
the problem could be an improperly seated video card or video riser
card, but i am wondering if it could be a symptom of a video card gone
bad. couls it be something else?
thanks in advanced,
gladys

]