[Cube] Need some troubleshooting help

Fred Terry pfterry at deadtrees.net
Sat Mar 15 08:42:05 PDT 2008

On 3/15/08 3:42 AM, "Riba" <riba at ml1.net> wrote:

> On Mar 13, 2008, at 21:34, Fred Terry wrote:
>
>> I have replaced the motherboard, the video card, and the PMU. I have
>> also
>> tested the RAM and it consistently passes. I have not replaced the
>> GigaDesigns CPU with the original processor, but I'm planning to do
>> that
>> over the weekend.
>>
>> I appreciate any suggestions for what to test/replace next.
>
> Hey Fred - I know it may not be directly related to the copy problem,
> bit iTunes makes me suspect...have you tried what happens if you
> disconnect the iSub?

Riba,

Good suggestion. I just tried that by unplugging the iSub and playing a song
in iTunes. The Cube froze at about the 30 second mark. (I should add that
I'm confident it isn't an iTunes preferences problem because this is a new
installation of the OS.) When I tried three more times (just for good
measure), the Cube froze a couple of seconds into the song. Also tried
playing from the iTunes music store with the same results.

I also swapped the RAM and conducted the tests with the same results. I
think it probably isn't the RAM.

Thanks,
Fred