[Cube] Need some troubleshooting help

Fred Terry pfterry at deadtrees.net
Thu Mar 27 19:55:49 PDT 2008

Hey all,

I have resolved this issue by replacing the 1.2GHz GigaDesigns CPU with the
original 450MHz G4. The freezes that I was experiencing playing songs in
iTunes, copying large files, and during installations have gone away.

Before swapping the CPU, I swapped the RAM and experienced the same freezes.
I also swapped the hard drive for a smaller one and still experienced the
problem. I didn't think it was heat because I have a fan in the bottom of
the Cube and a heat sink with a fan on the video card. I had also run it
outside of the enclosure and experienced the freezes.

Also, as someone suggested, I called the GigaDesigns office. I left voice
mail, but it was never returned.

Thanks for your suggestions. This may be the point where I give up my
beautiful Cube and watch for the much rumored Mac Mini speed bump.

Thanks again,
Fred