[Cube] Power supply replacement.

James Deamara jdeamara at hotmail.com
Wed May 28 18:37:15 PDT 2008

Hi All.

Has anyone out there ever replaced or attempted to replace a cube power supply?  I'm not talking
about replacing it with a stock PS off ebay, I mean replacing it with a similarly rated PS (i.e. similar
current, voltage, wattage).  Does anyone know approximately how many watts a cube consumes without running
an apple monitor thru the video card?  224W (28V at 8A) seems rather steep for a cube without a monitor.
Looking at the original specs from apple it appears that this higher voltage and current was basically needed
to run the crt monitor.

James.