[Cube] FireWire 400/800 Cable ...

Gary Lauterback garylauterback at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 5 06:27:12 PST 2009

On Mar 5, 2009, at 1:39 AM, cube-
request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:

> Howdy all!
>
> I am also thinking about letting go my trusty and beloved Cube: PL
> dual PPC 1.6GHz, 1.5GB RAM, nVIDIA MX 32MB, 160GB HD, 10.4.11 +
> Apple 17 LCD.
> I habe in mind an Intel silver iMac 20 (the model released before
> the announced new ones): 2.66GHz, 2GB RAM, ATi 256MB, 320 HD, 10.5.x
> that I can grab for 800,00 Eur.
>
> It's been my main computer for almost 10 years now and not having
> USB2 is just killing me. I don't have interest in the new (iMac)
> models due to the lack of a FW400 port.
> It's time to move on and technology just travels too fast. What can
> you tell/advice to this long time Cube user?
>
> LM

LM,

A cable exits that is FW 400 on one end, and the FW 800 on the other.
You don't have to loose the FW 400 devices in order to have one of the
new iMacs.  We sell these cables in the store where I work.
I've used such cable many times to connect the newer iMacs to older
platforms for Data Migration.  Works great.

Thought I'd share ...

Gary