[Cube] FireWire 400/800 Cable ...

Luis Meleiro luis_meleiro at cilsp.com
Thu Mar 5 07:28:18 PST 2009

Gary, thanks for poppin' in!

In fact, the lack of a FW port is not the main reason for me to gave up upon new models. If you take a closer look to the Tech Specs you'll notice the following:

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory (3)
(3) Memory avalable to Mac OS X may vary depending on graphics needs. Minimum graphics memory usage is 256MB.

I've never liked the idea of sharing the GPU memory with the computer memory. Don't ask why, but I always get the feeling that users may lose computing performances with VRAM shared.

Anyway, I appreciate the precious hint!

LM

]