[Cube] Confession...

Stefan no-spam at punkt-x.de
Fri Mar 6 01:05:19 PST 2009

>I am with you Stefan.
>
>I started life with an Apple II, progressed to
>Lisa, LC475, Quadra then a string of Power Macs.
>However.... The Cube is the nicest all round for
>my purposes. I do dabble with PC from time to
>time, but always feel like I am wearing a
>favourite pair of gloves when using the Cube.

Hello Peter,

I want to underline one special aspect of your mail:
The Cube is doubtless one of the best design
results of Apple's history. (Some other are nice
too, maybe I prefer cubic-compact forms)
Although I don't like "plastic" very much, the
cube as a whole is, - let's say "computer fine
art".

If you take it apart the inox interior is a pleasure to see and to work with.

Compared with that, the Mini (I've taken it apart
too) is well-packed standard, nothing special.

But technical equipment gets older. If I only
want to write letters and do some surfing or have
a look onto my pictures, listen to my songsŠ -
the cube will be enough for longer period of time.

But if you have to be up-to-date with software or
need actual peripherie (does this expression
exist in english for what I mean?), than you have
to get newer tech, unfortunately.

A very severe mistake of Apple is not to offer a mid-size power-machine.
In former times there were TOP PPC 9600 and medium 8600 and low 7600 f.e.

There's a large distance between the Mac pro-line and the next offer.

Stefan