[Cube] Re: Confessions ...

Gary Lauterback garylauterback at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 6 06:20:30 PST 2009

On Mar 6, 2009, at 3:17 AM, cube-
request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:

> Has anyone ever seriously considered a hackintosh? It is possible to
> build a silent fanless one, picking the right components for the task.
> However, coupled with the EFI-X dongle, this thing *will not be
> cheap*.
> Not to mention that the choice of small form factor PC cases is almost
> nonexistant...

I've got a laptop hacintiosh.  It's an MSI laptop.  One of those dreaded
all in one units, with the keyboard and LCD screen in one package ....
D'uh
For what it's worth, it is a good little notebook, but it is no
Macintosh.  When one
looks at these little beasts you realize real fast why Apple chooses
not to
build such an inexpensive offering.

On the other hand ...  acquiring the hardware to put together your own
hacintosh in a PC style case is very doable. Psystar
http://www.psystar.com/  is doing it. That is the hardware is available,
Psystar pre-installs Leopard on their units, and you purchase Leopard
from them.  A necessary step I think.

Fanless?  Small?  Thats over my head!  lol ...

Any way Hacintosh is alive and slowly growing ...

FYI

Gary L