[Cube] Airport Problems & Reset/Zap/Firmware?

George Pepper pep27 at mac.com
Sat Mar 14 13:08:52 PDT 2009

Hi Cubists,

I got my pristine Cube, and it really is perfect!  Upgraded the RAM to
1.5GB, installed the Twin View video card, and installed an Airport
card.  Everything went perfectly except, 1) The face plate from the
Rage doesn't fit the Twin View (No big deal, as it works fine without
it, and it ads a bit more venting), and I can't get the Airport to
connect to my network.

I get an error message that just says, "There was an error trying to
connect."  I took the chassis out and reseated the card, checked all
of the connections, but still the same thing.  Then I went to all of
the old Cube sites for trouble shooting tips, but there wasn't
anything there either.

BTW: I recall having to reset the Cube once, zap the PROM, and also
instal a firmware update, but it's been so long I don't remember how
to do that stuff, and I did the firmware update under OS 9, so I
really have no idea how to do it under OS 10!

ACK!  It's just like forgetting all of my old DOS commands.  LOL!

George