[Cube] Maximum size for internal Cube hard drives

Jan Georgen jwgeorgen at mac.com
Fri Jan 8 14:45:07 PST 2010

Congratulations! And if that silly old 1.5GHz processor gets in your way, I can  take it off of your hands…

You can access the remainder of the space on your hard drive with Intech's HD Speedtools via

http://eshop.macsales.com/Specials/cube_owner.cfm

(scroll down a bit). All will be good.

Jan Georgen

On Jan 8, 2010, at 3:29 PM, liza bear wrote:

> A friend is giving me a Cube with a 1.5GB CPU but he is removing the hard drive. I therefore have to buy a new hard drive for this machine. I have two questions:
> 1/ Is it safe to install a 160GB internal drive in the Cube? I mean, it won't crash the machine?
> 2/ I've seen some on E-Bay made by Hitachi and other, non-Apple companies. Is that advisable?
>
> PS My old Cube (1999, 450 MhZ CPU)  has an 80GB hard drive
>
> Thank you.
> Liza

Jan Georgen
jwgeorgen at mac.com