[Cube] G4 Cube Power Issues

Sascha Rojtas srojtas at me.com
Sat Apr 30 10:48:52 PDT 2011

Hello... well this is the first time that I posted here, so here goes nothing.

Anyways, I have a G4 Cube that is having some power issues with the hard drive.  I was surfing the Internet and it kernal panicked on me.  Ok so I restarted it.  It was fine for a few days.  Then the hard drive started to click off and power back on.  The hard drive then started to slow down while powered.  So I thought it was a dead hard drive.  I had an extra hard drive nearby and put it in.  No joy, that one powered down when working too.  These hard drives work in other computers normally.  So I replaced the DC-DC board in the Cube and still, no joy.  It would be nice to get it working, since the computer is very quiet and has great speakers.

By the way it does boot with FireWire normally, but I have to kickstart the external hard drive to get it working with the Cube, something that is a hassle.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

-Sascha