[Cube] G4 Cube Power Issues

Andrew K aklist04 at gmail.com
Mon May 2 12:00:59 PDT 2011

> Sascha Rojtas wrote:
>> Found the problem... Dead pram battery. After I removed that it booted up
>> properly and the hard drive hasn't turned off yet
>> Sent from my LG phone
>
> I'd be surprised if the battery was causing this problem....but
> important thing is that it works now.

Never heard of this on a Cube but I know this is a common issue with
G3 Pismo powerbooks, they frequently will not start with a bad CMOS
battery but run fine with the CMOS battery unplugged.

Perhaps a bad battery is just strong enough to keep corrupted
information, unplug it and the CMOS memory goes blank?

Andrew in Ann Arbor