[Cube] need hard drive for Cube

George Pepper pep27 at mac.com
Thu Oct 6 20:29:27 PDT 2011

Greetings Liza,

If you format a circa 240 GB HD in a different Mac, like my G5, you
can make it look to the Cube like two 120 GB drives.  Since 120 GB is
all the Cube can address, this is an excellent upgrade.  Little drives
like that are practically being given away in boxes of Cracker Jack
now.  Check out OWC.

I put a fanless TwinView ADC video card in my Cube, so it's a silent
as stock, and it runs one of the old lucite 23" Cinema HD Displays
(1920x1200).  I like ADC better for the Cube, because the power button
is on the display that way.

Other than maxing out the RAM and adding a Bluetooth dongle, that's
all I've done to my Cube.  I don't favor CPU upgrades because of the
added heat: I wanted mine to remain fanless.

Cheers,

George A. Pepper - BM Berklee, MM Texas State
http://hucbald.blogspot.com/ - pep27 at mac.com