PowerShot A50 and used digital camera dealers

Steve Kane skane at skaneco.com
Fri Nov 29 19:53:55 PST 2002

I'm thinking I'd like to get the Canon PowerShot A50. It will be my
first digital camera (but it won't be my last). I've always liked a
wide angel zoom, for years I used a Tamron 28-80 on my Nikon. The A50
has a 28-70 35mm equivalent. From clicking around the web I believe
I've determined, but all comments would be appreciated, that a used A50
would be the least expensive way to get digital camera with a wide
zoom. There are currently 3 offered on half.com for about $200.

I'm a bit reluctant to get such an expensive item from half.com; the
most expensive thing I ever bought that way is a $15 book.

Does anyone know of reputable dealers that sell used digital cameras. I
checked bhphotovideo.com and adorama.com but they don't have the A50.

Thanks.