[DigiCam] Re: Help needed desperately

Rod Duncan roduncan at telus.net
Fri Dec 5 11:55:43 PST 2003

Cyndi,

First, did you just post this? Your date and time is set to the
future; March 26th, 2004 to be precise. As a result you are at the
top of my email DigiCam listserv. Not a bad thing if your are
desperate.

I have a Canon G1 and run QT 6.4 Pro with my camera. Are you running
a Mac or PC computer? I am on a Mac and am using OSX (10.2.8) and the
latest Canon software. It all works perfectly. Have you upgraded your
G1 to the latest firmware on Canon's site? If not do so. Follow the
directions carefully. And... are the running the latest Canon
software? Don't be initializing your computer over a software issue.
Initializing your drive is an absolutely LAST resort. However, it
does sound like you are running a PC and not a Mac. <Flame On> And
not to be flippant, but that is sort-of a last resort. <Flame Off>

My 2 cents.

Rod