[DigiCam] Re: Slide scanner or copier?

ShirleyK ShirleyKat at cox.net
Thu Dec 4 16:45:00 PST 2003

I keep the 2000 dpi and GEM full on. ROC goes back and forth. I don't
attempt to do any further adjustments before scanning because the
preview window is too small. That's one thing I have to say about the
Silverfast software. I have a window as big as I can make it on a 20"
Cinema display. You can play with everything before making the scan.
I'm really warming up to that color correction by moving the cursor
around on the color wheel.

Did anyone ever do a scanning seminar with Taz Tally? He really pushes
getting the best scan ahead of time. I can agree that when I try it
with ROC and without, that I can never get the colors right in
Photoshop later on the worst one. Often, I combine the two slides and
play with opacity on the top layer when I'm not happy with either one.

That works with digital cameras too if you are shooting on a tripod. Or
you might like the sky in one and the rest in the other exposure.
Combine them in Photoshop and mask out the part you don't like on the
top layer.

Shirley