[DigiCam] Sony Mavica CD 400

Eric Stauffer arson at mac.com
Tue Feb 25 18:50:27 PST 2003

Jack,

Thank you very much for your response. I tried again after your
advice and my set-up was in PTP. However, I think I was not patient
enough, I just had not wait long enough. In fact, from the time I am
connecting the camera to the time iPhoto responds again and tell me
there are approximately 50 pictures, it takes about 5 to 6 minutes.
That's crazy, but it works.

I used the process viewer to monitor iPhoto and make it did not crash.

Thanks for the advice,

Regards,

Eric

>At 10:02 AM -0500 2/25/03, Eric Stauffer wrote:
>>Dear List Members,
>>
>>I just upgraded my iMac 800 with Mac OS 10.2.4 and now I cannot
>>even read my CDs from my Sony Mavica CD400 through USB. iPhoto
>>launches and recognizes the camera, but then crashed completely.
>>Also, the CD does not appear in the finder.
>>
>>Anybody had any problems after updating?
>

>Yep. Had 'em. Fixed 'em. Took me several months to figure it out though.
>
>There is a setting in the Mavica that has to be changed. You have to
>set the "USB Connect" setting in "Setup 2" to PTP(whatever that
>means) not "normal".
>
>And you do not have to finalize the disk so I don't anymore. I've
>forgotten now but it seems as if you do it won't work.
>
>The thing that threw me is that the instruction manual for the
>Mavica specifically says this will not work and no one either at
>Apple nor Sony knew about it.
>
>There was one Sony tech who suggested that because Apple didn't say
>anything about it, maybe it was so simple they didn't think they
>needed to. Sort of like the zen of Mac. Ah well.
>--
>
>Dr. Jack Jacklich, 102 Western Court, Santa Cruz, CA  95060
>Cell Phone and voice mail(831)901-0317 (831)426-1485 most of the time
>Digital Cell Phone Email 8319010317 at messaging.nextel.Com
>'Web Page...Endodontics 101'   http://www.BetterEndo.com
>AOL Screen Name 'DrJackJacklich'
>

>Life May Have A Rear View Mirror But It Doesn't Have a Reverse Gear

"There will always be skeptics.
There will always be disbelievers.
And there will always be Apple to prove them wrong."
			(Apple recruiting ad)
Eric Stauffer
406 Rose Creek Place
Woodstock, GA 30189