[DigiCam] cheap digicam memory w/int'l shipping

Tom Dempsey finearts at otenet.gr
Fri Jul 4 03:49:52 PDT 2003

Whatever you do avoid using DHL. Thinking I couldn't find the RAM
memory I needed for my computer easily here in Greece, I ordered it
from the US. The total cost including shipping was about $130. The
memory was shipped to Greece by DHL. I got a phone call from DHL saying
that the package was being held in customs in Greece and I would need
to pay an additional $200 to DHL in duties and handling.

The argument is that The EU has a right to protect the rights of local
resellers to make money (ie buy it in the EU).

I refused the shipment.

I have only had this problem with DHL.

Why not try some websites in the EU. I think that ultimately they'll be
cheaper and faster for you.

Tom in Skopelos