3 MP 3x zoom camera recommendation

Nathan Lim nathanlim at mac.com
Fri Jun 20 13:24:02 PDT 2003

> That said, does anyone have any other recommendations for 3
> Megapixel, 3x optical zoom digicams that use AA batteries and
> cost around 250 euros (+ tax)?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Chris

Chris,

I usually hit two web sites when I'm looking at digital cameras. I think
they've both been mentioned here before. They are:

http://www.consumersearch.com/www/photo_and_video/digital_cameras/index.
html (they review reviews of lots of things, not just cameras)
www.imaging-resource.com

My brother-in-law just purchased a Canon A70 stateside for $300 at
Frye's in San Jose, CA. It is a 3 MP 3x zoom camera using 4 AAs and he's
very happy with it. I compared it with the Olympus C-3030 which I've
been using for the last year and a half and would be happy to trade him.
It's smaller, has more features, uses CompactFlash, seems to respond
faster, etc. It is also well rated at Imaging Resource
(http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/A70/A70A.HTM).

I also want to put a plug in for a battery distributor, that being for
www.thomas-distributing.com I have no relationship with them other than
being a very satisfied customer. The web site aesthetics may not be
pleasing, but the customer service has been exceedingly so (at least for
me). I've purchased six or seven sets of (4) AA NiMH batteries along
with the Maha C204f battery charger
(http://www.steves-digicams.com/maha_c204f.html).

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/maha-mh-c204f.htm

Okay, I think I've done enough advertising for one day...

- Nate