[DigiCam] Moving DVD files into iMovie

ShirleyK ShirleyKat at cox.net
Sat Jun 21 12:56:56 PDT 2003

It's too bad you didn't tell the service that you wanted to edit the
movies. They might have been able to give them to you in DV format. I
once searched for services like this and some offered to provide an
editable format, usually on miniDV tape.

While you can still get to the movies for editing, the quality has been
reduced by compressing them for DVD. I don't suppose the service might
have kept a backup copy in DV format?

This is the kind of topic discussed on the MacDV list, also at
themacintoshguy.com. If you subscribe to that list and search the
archives, you will find help on this topic. It's not a simple drag and
drop procedure. To find the archives, display full headers in a post
you receive from the list.

Shirley