advice? 4-5 megapixel choices

rjn rajala at ix.netcom.com
Thu Feb 12 14:45:51 PST 2004

I am looking to buy a 4 or 5 Megapixel camera and have narrowed it down
(i think) to the Nikon Coolpix 5700. the Sony DSC-f707, Minolta 7i for
5 Megapixels and the Minolta s414 for the 4 megapixel category.

My criteria are PRICE, Value, Max optical zoom, Manual features (manual
focus ring if possible), min. macro distance, voice recording,, minimum
time to wait between pictures... also it would be nice to have video
capture with audio not limited except by the size of memory card.

Does anyone have advice? I have found the s414 for $250 (and I know
this camera a bit) and the others from $400 up (with rebates). It seems
worth the extra $150 for one of the others but I don't have any
experience with them and I find it hard to choose.

Thanks,
Ron