[DigiCam] Re: camera for baby pix

Jennifer Skahen jenn at anykey.com
Thu Jan 22 14:15:48 PST 2004

You may want to consider waiting for a while before getting a new
camera. Your coolpix will be able to keep up with the newborn until
crawling begins, and the 995's do take a very nice picture. That will
give you almost a whole year before you have to upgrade your camera and
they'll get smaller and (hopefully) faster. One of the concerns is that
the smaller cameras often suffer from poor optics.

Another thought, get a package of the disposable cameras from your
local bulk store, scatter them around the house so you will always have
a camera at hand, even if it isn't digital. When you turn them in for
developing you can often ask for just negatives and a cd. That way you
have the digital, and the option of print enlargements if you bother.

-Jenn