[DigiCam] where is the Ricoh Caplio RX sold?

Steve Kane skane at skaneco.com
Thu Sep 16 09:48:47 PDT 2004

I am curious to know the US street price of the Ricoh Caplio RX. I've
checked bhphotovideo, mysimon, cnet shopper, froogle and wolf camera.
It isn't listed. For that matter only a couple of the Ricoh models are
shown for sale even though depreview lists 6 current models. The Ricoh
US web site does not show their current cameras; that part of their
site is under construction. Is Ricoh having a problem?

Also, the dpreview camera search database shows _no_ cameras that fit
their criteria for "ultra compact" that have a 28mm equivalent lens,
though they show about 10 digicams with a 28mm equivalent lens in the
"compact" range. Does anyone know of a digicam more in the "ultra
compact" size with a 28mm or almost 28mm equivalent lens?

Thanks.