[DigiCam] Deleting a photo in iPhoto

ShirleyK ShirleyKat at cox.net
Sun Jan 2 16:43:10 PST 2005

I don't use iPhoto, but my understanding is that it makes its own copy
of a photo for its own purposes. I suppose you could just put things in
the iPhoto library from your media card and never put them in the
Finder to get around maintaining 2 copies of every photo. I use iView
Media Pro which maintains a very close relationship with the Finder. If
you delete it, it's trashed in the Finder as well. That's good and bad.
Yesterday, I wanted a photo to stop appearing in a catalog. I could
move it or delete it, but not clear it from the catalog.

Anyway, I hang out on the dpreview forums. There's a Mac forum there if
you want to try that group with your question. (www.dpreview.com - go
to the Forums and scroll down to the bottom to find the Mac group).

Shirley