Software for a 2400c

francis.fitzpatrick at att.net francis.fitzpatrick at att.net
Sun Dec 1 12:39:56 PST 2002

Hi:

I'm setting up a new (to me!) 2400c but I'm new to the whole Mac world.  Which
OS do y'all recommend?  OS 8 seems pretty stable.  Is there a big advantage
going to OS 9.0.1?  What about the transition to OS 9.2?  I want a system that
will work reliably and is still supportable.

Which basic software packages should I get?  I was thinking of MS Office, IE 5,
Virex or Norton anti-virus.  Probably should also get a firewall.  Anything
else you would suggest or change?

Does it make a difference to your answer if I upgrade to 112 meg of memory
and/or upgrade the processor to the G3/400?

I've heard of a MacWorld PowerBook CD.  Any good?  Any one got a spare that
they would sell?

Thank you very much.  Feel free to e-mail me off line if you want.

Francis Fitzpatrick
francis.fitzpatrick at att.net