[Duo2400] cleaning permanent marker off of a duo

Matthew McVay matthew at nets.com
Thu Dec 5 22:05:11 PST 2002

>I have a powerbook duo with some unwanted permanent marker
>writing on the back side of the display casing near the apple logo.

>Has anyone been able to completely remove
>permanent marker off of a duo?

I've had considerable success on similar projects using "GooGone"
Sticker Lifter liquid. It completely removed a thick "Sharpie Swipe"
from the beige plastic casing of a scanner bought sight unseen on eBay.

You should be able to find a small bottle of this for around $5 at your
local Home Depots, Office Depots, Office Max, etc.

http://www.magicamerican.com/products_gg.shtml

I'll ditto the several previous replies regarding benzene chemical
composition of permanent ink, first testing a hidden corner and then
cleaning a wide surface area. No need to dilute the GooGone Stickier
Lifter liquid however.